Can't decrypt with embedded-filename :(
l***@gmail.com
2008-06-03 09:22:38 UTC
example files:
=== GPG encrypted file: "FileName.asc"
=== file not encrypted (in clear) which is inside FileName.asc:
"gpg_cd_[archive]_monday240508.cfg"

If I decrypt FileName.asc with command:
"gpg FileName.asc" as result I got decrypted file "FileName" which
has
correct content but wrong filename - should be
"gpg_cd_[archive]_monday240508.cfg", not "FileName".

If I decrypt FileName.asc with command:
"gpg --use-embedded-filename FileName.asc" as result I got file
"gpg_cd" with size 0 bytes (???).

What I do wrong?
How to decrypt with corrrect file name?
David W. Hodgins
2008-06-03 17:10:02 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
=== GPG encrypted file: "FileName.asc"
"gpg_cd_[archive]_monday240508.cfg"
How are you creating the FileName.asc? When I clearsign a file
called asdf.pdf, the created file is called adsf.pdf.asc. If I
encrypt the file, the resulting file is called asdf.pdf.gpg.

Checking the sig, or decrypting the file, results in the orginal
file, with the original name.

For the above, I'm using
gpg --clearsign asdf.pdf
gpg -se -r Hodgins asdf.pdf