PGP Dropped from Pull-Down Context Menu
David E. Ross
2008-05-16 21:06:51 UTC
Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
PGP 8.0.3

All of a sudden, when I want to create a SDA, there is no PGP entry at
all in the context menu when I right-click on a file. About two weeks
ago, I did a Disc Scan (chkdsc.exe) on my C-drive, which holds all my
software, including Windows. I've been noticing unwanted changes in my
registry since then.

Does anyone know the Windows registry keys I need to set to re-enable
PGP in the context menu?
--
David Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Have you been using Netscape and now feel abandoned by AOL?
Then use SeaMonkey. Go to <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.
David E. Ross

Falcon Kirtaran
2008-06-10 19:57:01 UTC
Post by David E. Ross
Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
PGP 8.0.3
All of a sudden, when I want to create a SDA, there is no PGP entry at
all in the context menu when I right-click on a file. About two weeks
ago, I did a Disc Scan (chkdsc.exe) on my C-drive, which holds all my
software, including Windows. I've been noticing unwanted changes in my
registry since then.
Does anyone know the Windows registry keys I need to set to re-enable
PGP in the context menu?
I assume you meant to type chkdsk.exe? If not, this mysterious
chkdsc.exe might well be the problem...

- --
- --Falcon Darkstar Kirtaran
- --