Best key types?
starwars
2010-07-04 22:04:52 UTC
I have choices in gpg of 3 different key types: DSA and ELG, DSA and RSA, and RSA and RSA, this
last with "(PGP)" on the end of it.

If I want the best, most secure key pair which of these should I use?
starwars
2010-07-05 14:56:58 UTC
Post by starwars
I have choices in gpg of 3 different key types: DSA and ELG, DSA and RSA,
and RSA and RSA, this last with "(PGP)" on the end of it.
If I want the best, most secure key pair which of these should I use?
RSA only because you can use larger signing keys. 4096/4096 should be safe
for awhile. DSA is limited to 1024 bit signing key, already too weak.