I want to delete a UID from keyserver
Wonyong
2011-03-17 23:47:29 UTC
I want to delete a UID from keyserver.

http://blog.nowherelan.com/2011/01/18/delete-a-uid-from-a-gpg-key/

I follow it. but, I can't delete a UID from keyserver.

Why I can't delete?

How to delete?

- --
Wonyong
***@gmail.com
David W. Hodgins
2011-03-18 00:24:01 UTC
Post by Wonyong
I want to delete a UID from keyserver.
The key server software does not allow deleting a key, or a userid
from a key, because of the way key servers sync keys.
http://pgp.mit.edu/faq.html

The only option is to revoke the key, or add a new userid saying
not to use the old user id.

Regards, Dave Hodgins
David E. Ross
2011-03-18 04:38:33 UTC
Post by Wonyong
I want to delete a UID from keyserver.
http://blog.nowherelan.com/2011/01/18/delete-a-uid-from-a-gpg-key/
I follow it. but, I can't delete a UID from keyserver.
Why I can't delete?
How to delete?
You can't delete a UID. That is characteristic of the OpenPGP concept
and how key servers are designed. Indeed, nothing can be deleted from a
key server. See my <http://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp_keyserv.html#noremove>.

Furthermore, you can't do anything about a UID unless it is your key.
That is, you can't add a UID to someone else's key.

You can revoke a UID on your own key by revoking your signature on that
UID.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.