Am I doing this right.
Caduceus
2008-02-11 10:07:51 UTC
Hi. Am I working PGP correctly? TIA
Manatee Memories
2008-02-11 12:43:21 UTC
"GVN" (use ROT-13 to decrypt) is NOT required; when are the juvenille
idjits (intentionally mis-spelled) going to get that through their
heads?

--
"Against stupidity the very gods Themselves contend in vain."

-- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
Zilbandy
2008-02-12 07:56:59 UTC
Post by Caduceus
Hi. Am I working PGP correctly? TIA
Without your public key, I can't tell. Couldn't get the key from key
servers, and you didn't provide it.
Zilbandy
Caduceus
2008-02-12 06:29:45 UTC

DB057CBA is my public key
David W. Hodgins
2008-02-12 17:09:32 UTC

-- =

Caduceus
2008-02-12 15:42:12 UTC

Would it help people if I just posted my key ID DB057CBA?
David W. Hodgins
2008-02-12 17:52:33 UTC
Post by Caduceus
Would it help people if I just posted my key ID DB057CBA?
It would be better to export the key to a public key server, but
you can post it. You have to export the public key (make sure you
don't include the private key) to a file, as ascii armoured text.

The open the file in a text editor, such as notepad. Copy & paste
the key into Thunderbird.

Regards, Dave Hodgins
Caduceus
2008-02-12 16:10:08 UTC

I've just exported it to ldap://certserver.pgp.com. Should that work?
Le Forgeron
2008-02-12 18:46:54 UTC
Le 12.02.2008 17:10, Caduceus nous fit lire :

| I've just exported it to ldap://certserver.pgp.com. Should that work?

Yes, now I can read (it's gpg):
UNTRUSTED Good signature from Steve Horn <***@fusemail.com>
Key ID: 0xDB057CBA / Signed on: 12.02.2008 17:10
Key fingerprint: 8A75 B959 7C01 462F 6304 D60B 3C6D 35E1 DB05 7CBA
David W. Hodgins
2008-02-12 19:22:51 UTC
Post by Caduceus
I've just exported it to ldap://certserver.pgp.com. Should that work?
Yes. I've now imported your key from the keyserver, and stored it in
my keyring. Checking the sig on the article I'm responding to, I also
get
Good signature from:
Steve Horn <***@fusemail.munged>
Key ID: 0xDB057CBA
The signature is valid, but the key is untrusted

Note that the untrusted part, is simply because I have not marked
the key, as being trusted.

You can find a lot of usefull info at
http://www.rossde.com/PGP/index.html and at
http://www.mccune.cc/PGP.htm

Regards, Dave Hodgins
TomT
2008-02-12 19:19:40 UTC
Post by Caduceus
Would it help people if I just posted my key ID DB057CBA?
Yes, Steve, but only if you have uploaded your key to a server.

I used KGPG in Linux to look up your key with the key ID and import it.
Only then was I able to verify your sig (which was good, BTW). That
means you must have uploaded your key sometime after your first post
when I couldn't find the key on several servers I tried.

Since you have now uploaded your key, there is no need to post your key
ID. Just signing your post is good enough.

TomT