gpg.conf file
SB
2010-08-04 16:29:35 UTC

Does anyone know how to specify a default key ring in a gpg.conf file
that points to a keyring on an external machine.

Also, when run the command gpg --gpgconf-list, it does show me that
the gpg.conf file is present in the "C:\...\Application Data\gnupg"
folder. But I do not see any gpg.conf file in this folder. Am I
missing something?

Please excuse me if these questions sound trivial, I am a beginner in
gpg.

Thanks,
SB
John Wunderlich
2010-08-04 19:43:30 UTC
Post by SB
Hi,
Does anyone know how to specify a default key ring in a gpg.conf file
that points to a keyring on an external machine.
Also, when run the command gpg --gpgconf-list, it does show me that
the gpg.conf file is present in the "C:\...\Application Data\gnupg"
folder. But I do not see any gpg.conf file in this folder. Am I
missing something?
Please excuse me if these questions sound trivial, I am a beginner in
gpg.
Thanks,
SB
Make it easy on yourself and get a free GUI Windows front-end program.
I use "GPGShell".
<http://www.jumaros.de/rsoft/index.html>
and it has screens to configure your GPG defaults -- essentially
building the gpg.conf file for you. I assume that you can specify a
keyring file on another computer using standard Windows UNC filenames.
e.g. \\server\shareFolder\filename

HTH,
John