Cannot activate system tray icon - cannot sign text blocks
George Orwell
2009-04-23 00:44:56 UTC
The padlock icon for my 658 pgp is not working. Nothing happens when
I click on it. Because of this, I cannot sign an open text file nor
create a pgp block. I have reinstalled twice and still this is
happening. Any suggestions?

https://www.mixmaster.it
Otto Sykora
2009-04-26 10:11:13 UTC
Post by George Orwell
The padlock icon for my 658 pgp is not working. Nothing happens when
I click on it. Because of this, I cannot sign an open text file nor
create a pgp block. I have reinstalled twice and still this is
happening. Any suggestions?
hmmm,

strange, but what operating system is it on?

658 freeware does work fine on XP, thought there sre apparently some
issues there with the current windows etc, many of those were cleared in
the ckt versions however.

I have heard that it does not work on vista however, can not test
myslef, have no vista to hand.

OK, there are still way to test id the pgp itself works or just the
pgptray gives problems.
Try hotkeys:

Ctrl+Alt+E encrypt currrent window
Ctrl+Alt+D decrypt current window
Ctrl+Alt+S signe current window

Note: with 658, you might have to press Ctrl+V when encryption etc is
done, since one of the issues with original 658 and XP is that it
sometimes does not paste the content of clipboard back into the current
window.

are set as standard if you did not change it in the installation process.

And when you are uninstalling, try to remove all tryces of the pgp in
reg and everywhere to make sure all is ´clean´before you start the next
installation.