Helpfile for PGP 6.5.8ckt
Norbert Woletz
2008-02-14 20:21:41 UTC
Hello!

Sorry about my not perfect english. I tried to put my
question on a german newsgroup, but both german
PGP-Newsgroups are closed. So I try here.
My problem is as follow:
A few weeks ago I want to test PGP and search for an archive
on Internet.
It was hard work - many server are down or don't offer a
free version.
Finally I found an installer for PGP 6.5.8ckt. But
unfortunately it was an update-installer only. Therefore it
not includes the helpfiles. For first testing no problem,
but some details of PGP are a little bit to difficult, to
understand, without any helptext.
Now my question: Can I get the helpfile somewhere? Or, where
can I get an archive whithin the helpfile.
Many thanks about any help.

Greeting

Norbert
TomT
2008-02-14 23:09:13 UTC
Post by Norbert Woletz
Finally I found an installer for PGP 6.5.8ckt. But
unfortunately it was an update-installer only. Therefore it
not includes the helpfiles. For first testing no problem,
but some details of PGP are a little bit to difficult, to
understand, without any helptext.
Now my question: Can I get the helpfile somewhere? Or, where
can I get an archive whithin the helpfile.
Norbert,

I assume you've Googled for a copy of ckt. I haven't but I imagine it's
hard to come by.

I have a zipped file of the installer (for Windows) I downloaded several
years ago but it's 5.6 MB. I'm not sure my ISP or sneakemail.com will
let me send it to you because of the size. The help function works.
Also, I'm on dialup so it would take awhile to send. Also, I'm not sure
you'd want to accept a .exe file from a stranger on the internet (zipped
or not).

I have a 2 MB zipped pdf file (3 MB unzipped) for PGP version 6.5.1 I
could probably send to you. I doubt the version makes much difference
because it's similar to the version Imad enhanced (6.5.8).

If you'd like me to send it to you I need to know if your spamgourmet
address in your headers is good. If not (or you don't think spamgourmet
will accept an attachment that big), then sign your reply with a key
that has your email address on it.

In the meantime you might find the following sites useful.

http://www.mccune.cc/PGP.htm

http://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp_keyserv.html

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/main-nf.htm

TomT
Norbert Woletz
2008-02-16 18:20:28 UTC
Post by TomT
I have a zipped file of the installer (for Windows) I downloaded several
years ago but it's 5.6 MB. I'm not sure my ISP or sneakemail.com will
let me send it to you because of the size. The help function works.
Also, I'm on dialup so it would take awhile to send. Also, I'm not sure
you'd want to accept a .exe file from a stranger on the internet (zipped
or not).
If you'd like me to send it to you I need to know if your spamgourmet
address in your headers is good. If not (or you don't think spamgourmet
will accept an attachment that big), then sign your reply with a key
that has your email address on it.
Many thanks for your offer.
In fact i need the file pgp.hlp only.
If this file in your achive?
How large is it?

Norbert
TomT
2008-02-17 08:43:43 UTC
Post by Norbert Woletz
Many thanks for your offer.
In fact i need the file pgp.hlp only.
If this file in your achive?
Yes.
Post by Norbert Woletz
How large is it?
Relatively small at 259 KB.
It's your's for the price of a valid email address.

I must say though, I think it would be better to have a complete package
like bayboro85 is offering rather than piecing something together.

TomT
TomT
2008-02-17 08:47:18 UTC
Post by TomT
It's your's for the price of a valid email address.
"your's " should be spelled "yours".

TomT
b***@gmail.com
2008-02-15 00:25:49 UTC
Dear Norbert,

PGP 6.5.8 CKT was created by Imad Faiad in Lebanon. This version
supports Windows XP as well. I have tested on XP SP2 without
problems.

Please download the below files from

ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/pgp/pgp60/pgp658_ckt/

06/23/2003 07:08a 6,353,808 pgp658ckt08.zip
06/24/2003 06:58a 4,157,320 pgp658ckt09b3.zip

(Don't pay attention to date and time here.)

First make sure you uninstall all previous versions of PGP, and
install the CKT version 08. Then upgrade to version 09 beta 3
by executing the inner exe file.

Please check the CKT tips under this newsgroup (I made
a few comments already sometime ago).

Good Luck

Toedsit

NB CKT versions do not work on Vista.

===========================
Norbert
Borked Pseudo Mailed
2008-02-16 21:51:28 UTC
Why not use the real code from pgpi.org instead of some hacked version?
Casey
2008-02-17 21:23:27 UTC
Post by Norbert Woletz
Hello!
Sorry about my not perfect english. I tried to put my
question on a german newsgroup, but both german
PGP-Newsgroups are closed. So I try here.
A few weeks ago I want to test PGP and search for an archive
on Internet.
It was hard work - many server are down or don't offer a
free version.
Finally I found an installer for PGP 6.5.8ckt. But
unfortunately it was an update-installer only. Therefore it
not includes the helpfiles. For first testing no problem,
but some details of PGP are a little bit to difficult, to
understand, without any helptext.
Now my question: Can I get the helpfile somewhere? Or, where
can I get an archive whithin the helpfile.
Many thanks about any help.
Greeting
Norbert
Hi Norbert. The PGPckt versions were created by Imad Faiad.
His last versions up through ckt08 and ckt09b3 are available at:
ftp://ftp.hacktic.nl/pub/crypto/pgp/pgp60/pgp658ckt/
and
ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/pgp/pgp60/pgp658ckt/

Imad found it necessary to release ckt09b3 before it was
totally completed. The uninstall file and the help file
were left out. (This is the latest and best version)

The uninstall file from ckt08 can be used in ckt09b3.
The help file you need can likely be found there too.
Also, there was a minor priter problem when the ckt
is installed. A new PGPhk.zip file was created to fix that.
This zip file contains PGPhk.dll, Sig. authentification,
and instructions. This zip file is only 3KB and I can
email it to you. Just give us your email address.
Casey