portable encryption for usb devices
Peter
2008-02-20 05:53:39 UTC
I want to keep a collection of files on my usb harddrive and have the
files encrypted. I'd like to be able to plug the drive into another
computer without loading a separate program. The closest I've found
is Carry it Easy that offers 128 AES. Does anyone know of
alternatives that might be better. Its gotta run on XP/Vista.

Thanks,
Pete
Kris Hayes
2008-02-20 13:12:06 UTC
Post by Peter
I want to keep a collection of files on my usb harddrive and have the
files encrypted. I'd like to be able to plug the drive into another
computer without loading a separate program. The closest I've found
is Carry it Easy that offers 128 AES. Does anyone know of
alternatives that might be better. Its gotta run on XP/Vista.
Thanks,
Pete
Have you run across TrueCrypt?

http://www.truecrypt.org