Lost Password
Devastator
2008-04-27 09:01:20 UTC

I use OpenPGP to encrypt my E-Mails and I have lost my password.
Is it possible to delete the entry on the keyserver without the password?

Thanks for your help
Devastator
grawity
2008-04-27 12:14:07 UTC
Post by Devastator
I use OpenPGP to encrypt my E-Mails and I have lost my password.
Is it possible to delete the entry on the keyserver without the password?
If you use PGP Global Directory <keyserver.pgp.com>, there's a removal
option in the homepage.

For other keyservers, the only way is to revoke your key, as in
"classic" keyservers there's no way to delete one. So if you forgot your
password AND don't have a revocation certificate pre-created, you can't
do anything.
--
PGP/GPG: 0x3AACE738335AF6E7 <http://rootshell.be/~grawity/>
ASCII ribbon - against HTML e-mail <http://www.asciiribbon.org>
David E. Ross
2008-04-27 17:34:20 UTC
Post by Devastator
Hi,
I use OpenPGP to encrypt my E-Mails and I have lost my password.
Is it possible to delete the entry on the keyserver without the password?
Thanks for your help
Devastator
See my <http://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp_keyserv.html#noremove>. Read the
whole section before you get so discouraged that you skip the end.
--
David Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Have you been using Netscape and now feel abandoned by AOL?
Then use SeaMonkey. Go to <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.