Who's the maggot
h***@gawab.com
2009-04-04 21:38:38 UTC
Who's the maggot who posts the messages like the immediately below? I
clicked on one of them days ago in the hope of learning his/her name
but my virus checker quickly flashed a big red warning sign that said
danger lies within it.

Whoever is posting that crap must be a top end sicko that really
should seek professional psychiatric help.

Bob
1PW
2009-04-04 23:14:55 UTC
Post by h***@gawab.com
Who's the maggot who posts the messages like the immediately below? I
clicked on one of them days ago in the hope of learning his/her name
but my virus checker quickly flashed a big red warning sign that said
danger lies within it.
Whoever is posting that crap must be a top end sicko that really
should seek professional psychiatric help.
Bob
Hello Bob:

Although many of us share your loathing for these spam posts, their
origins are about as difficult as a computer virus to trace. If their
IP addresses can be believed, many seem to come from USA Comcast IPs,
although that's not totally the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were from a botnet that had been placed
in computers that 1) Are not behind good NAT routers. 2) Don't have all
their OS patches up to date. 3) Have poor or no antimalware running or
installed.

In the case of my provider, Motzarella has already removed that post
from their disk farm.

In your own situation, I recommend you go with a real newsreader client
and subscribe via any of the fine free NNTP providers. Then you would
be able to setup effective newsgroup filtering.

Best wishes,

Pete
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
c***@gmail.com
2009-04-12 15:46:50 UTC
Post by 1PW
Post by h***@gawab.com
[...]
It seems like lately usenet has gone to the dogs. Spam is more rampant
than I've ever seen.