Mad Magazine Exposes the GIA
me
2009-05-04 14:32:05 UTC
well, almost

http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/12229_x.pdf

Does anyone know if a Freedom of Information request to the U.S. gov
would reveal domestic spying on individuals using internet companies?

It's funny in a way, as funny as police state poison. A few days ago
I was playing with a GPS. I borrowed this one that plugs in to the
usb port. I could never afford to buy one, they were only for the rich
kids, so I had to try this one out. The software connects it to
Google Earth. Ha Ha Ha. I never want to have one now. I gave it
back. Maybe I'll use one someday if I'm sailing on a yacht.
Gary Edstrom
2009-05-04 14:58:07 UTC
On Mon, 4 May 2009 07:32:05 -0700 (PDT), me
Post by me
well, almost
http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/12229_x.pdf
Does anyone know if a Freedom of Information request to the U.S. gov
would reveal domestic spying on individuals using internet companies?
It's funny in a way, as funny as police state poison. A few days ago
I was playing with a GPS. I borrowed this one that plugs in to the
usb port. I could never afford to buy one, they were only for the rich
kids, so I had to try this one out. The software connects it to
Google Earth. Ha Ha Ha. I never want to have one now. I gave it
back. Maybe I'll use one someday if I'm sailing on a yacht.
Re: GPS

Even if your cell phone doesn't have GPS capability built-in, they can
still track your position pretty closely, using relative signal
strengths from multiple cell towers. And this tracking can be done even
when you are not using the phone unless you have turned it all the way
off, which few people ever do.

Re: Mad Magazine

I use to be an avid reader of MAD. I read it all the way from Junior
High School well into my middle age. Two things caused it to lose
interest to me, however. First, they started to accept advertising,
which, for years, they had always poked fun at in other magazines.
Second, they started to publish in color. To me, Mad's humor always
came across best in good old black & white.

Gary