Symatec and PGP
David E. Ross
2011-02-16 00:06:59 UTC
In a previous thread, I noted that Symatec has apparently abandoned the
distribution of PGP Desktop (or its equivalent) as freeware to
non-commercial individuals. More recently, I sent a postal letter to
the president of the Symantec Corporation, requesting information about
this issue (e.g., is it true or not?). A copy of that letter is on my
Web site at <http://www.rossde.com/PGP/ltr_to_Symantec.html>.

While setting up the letter as a Web page, I realized that I omitted an
important point, which I address at the top of my Web page. Does anyone
know if there is public access to the source code of the current version
of PGP? In the past, independent inspection by interested individuals
of that source code provided the public with assurances that PGP did not
contain a "back door" or other intentional vulnerability. Is such
inspection possible today?

Followup-To set to comp.security.pgp.discuss.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.
Yvette
2011-02-16 04:56:54 UTC
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:06:59 -0800, "David E. Ross"
Post by David E. Ross
Followup-To set to comp.security.pgp.discuss.
What for?