Windows Reconfiguring PGP Desktop
David E. Ross
2013-11-16 15:58:54 UTC
Windows 7 (x64)
PGP 10.1.2 (build 9)

No, this is NOT a paid installation of PGP. I have it at home for
personal use.

When I boot my PC, I get a popup that says: "Please wait while Windows
configures PGP Desktop".

Then I get another popup over the first one that says: "You must restart
you system for the configuration changes made to PGP Desktop to take
effect. Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart manually
later."

The only changes I see are in my Start folder. I deleted the
Documentation folder and the Uninstall PGP Desktop shortcut, but they
keep reappearing.

How do I stop this?

Followup-to set for alt.security.pgp.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Where does your elected official stand? Which
politicians refuse to tell us where they stand?
See the non-partisan Project Vote Smart at
<http://votesmart.org/>.
Thor Kottelin
2013-11-16 22:13:13 UTC
Post by David E. Ross
Windows 7 (x64)
When I boot my PC, I get a popup that says: "Please wait while Windows
configures PGP Desktop".
How do I stop this?
Here's a list of things to check:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee851671.aspx.
Post by David E. Ross
Followup-to set for alt.security.pgp.
If that's what you want. But I don't read that group.
--
Thor Kottelin
http://www.anta.net/