Website usage
Bob
2009-07-17 20:19:50 UTC
This website appears to be at a dead end as far as usage goes. Very
few people use it and I see NO value here. Is there or are there any
PGP related site(s) where I can learn things?
Ian Cummings
2009-07-17 20:37:36 UTC
In message
Post by Bob
This website
website ?
Post by Bob
appears to be at a dead end as far as usage goes. Very
few people use it and I see NO value here. Is there or are there any
PGP related site(s) where I can learn things?
Why not tell us what you'd like to know ?

You might be surprised who's reading...
Ian
David W. Hodgins
2009-07-17 21:02:43 UTC
Post by Bob
This website appears to be at a dead end as far as usage goes. Very
few people use it and I see NO value here. Is there or are there any
PGP related site(s) where I can learn things?
This is a usenet newsgroup, not a website. Anyway, the following
may be of use ...

http://www.rossde.com/PGP/
http://www.mccune.cc/PGP.htm
and the various guides at
https://pgp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/589/session/L3NpZC9pVkVJRDREag%3D%3D/sno/0

Regards, Dave Hodgins
David E. Ross
2009-07-17 23:26:17 UTC
Post by David W. Hodgins
Post by Bob
This website appears to be at a dead end as far as usage goes. Very
few people use it and I see NO value here. Is there or are there any
PGP related site(s) where I can learn things?
This is a usenet newsgroup, not a website. Anyway, the following
may be of use ...
http://www.rossde.com/PGP/
http://www.mccune.cc/PGP.htm
and the various guides at
https://pgp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/589/session/L3NpZC9pVkVJRDREag%3D%3D/sno/0
Regards, Dave Hodgins
Thank you for citing my Web site.

To confirm assertions made by my children (both of them adults), I do
not know it all. When I have a question about PGP, I post it here and
also at news:comp.security.pgp.discuss.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?" Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>
Bob
2009-07-18 20:08:57 UTC
Hello David E Ross,

I direct my remarks to you simply because your reply seem to be
mature and I found your home page (?) to be both informative and
entertaining. Quite unlike the two juveniles whose remarks preceded
yours.

I visited your site, copied your public key and over the next two
days will send you an encrypted message.

Thanks for showing that your intellect is far above average. I
like that. :^)

Bob
Ian Cummings
2009-07-19 18:16:51 UTC
In message
Post by Bob
Hello David E Ross,
I direct my remarks to you simply because your reply seem to be
mature and I found your home page (?) to be both informative and
entertaining. Quite unlike the two juveniles whose remarks preceded
yours.
You're right - it was rather juvenile to point out that alt.security.pgp
is not a website, despite the fact that it's not a website - a fact that
you were obviously unaware of.

And I'm glad you've found a helpful website, after you were directed
there by one of the juveniles who replied to you here on this "website".

So there is value here, after all.
Ian
TomT
2009-07-19 20:58:25 UTC
Post by Bob
Hello David E Ross,
I direct my remarks to you simply because your reply seem to be
mature and I found your home page (?) to be both informative and
entertaining. Quite unlike the two juveniles whose remarks preceded
yours.
Add me to your list of juveniles.

You're lucky anybody read your post. Many people filter out posters
from Google Groups. Also, learn the difference between a website and a
newsgroup. Don't bother to reply. I won't see it.

Plonk!

TomT