PGP whole disk encryption boot up problem, help please
Kiko
2009-02-20 18:15:46 UTC
I have my HDD encrypted with PGP9 whole disk encryption and when I
switch on the computer I hear the hard disk spinning and spinning
without stopping then I read this message right before the PGP whole
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Boot from CD
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter
Everything stops on a MSdos style black screen with that message...

I have to restart the computer five or sis times and in the end I get
to the PGP whole disk encryption password prompt screen, but the
problem described above happens everytime I switch off the computer.

Can you help me with this??

I tried everything, even reinstalling from zero, I never have this
problem without whole disk encryption installed.

I am convinced this has to do with the booting up process and I dont
know why it happens. Reinstallling did not work.
Sniper .308
2009-03-05 17:32:28 UTC
Post by Kiko
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Boot from CD
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter
Everything stops on a MSdos style black screen with that message...
I just got rid of PGP 9.9.1 for nearly the same reason, anyone know if
8.1 will work with vista