Google email encryption
d***@yahoo.com
2008-09-14 23:48:34 UTC
I've decided not to trust my encryption software to outsourced
servers. But it looks like Google (the GIA) is now offering a pay
service for encrypting messages doing exactly that. Notice their
system uses "Centrally-managed content inspection".

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/security/message.html
http://lifehacker.com/software/email/add-encryption-to-gmail-177061.php
Ukain
freenigma.com works in googlemail and it is free.
Jan Steffen
2008-09-15 16:24:48 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
I've decided not to trust my encryption software to outsourced
servers. But it looks like Google (the GIA) is now offering a pay
service for encrypting messages doing exactly that. Notice their
system uses "Centrally-managed content inspection".
I use FireGPG as a front end for a local GnuPG installation.
http://getfiregpg.org/
http://www.gnupg.org/

Free, opensource, secure. Works great with Gmail.

HTH, Jan
Nobody's innocent, citizen: we're determining the level of your guilt.
d***@yahoo.com
2008-09-15 22:47:51 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
I've decided not to trust my encryption software to outsourced
servers.  But it looks like Google  (the GIA) is now offering a pay
service for encrypting messages doing exactly that.  Notice their
system uses "Centrally-managed content inspection".
I use FireGPG as a front end for a local GnuPG installation.http://getfiregpg.org/http://www.gnupg.org/
Free, opensource, secure. Works great with Gmail.
HTH, Jan
--
Nobody's innocent, citizen: we're determining the level of your guilt.
I just installed it on your suggestion. I like it.