PGP for Android Users
Bill
2010-12-01 01:55:23 UTC
Some of you may be aware of this already, but for those who are not, there is a
free PGP application for Android users called APG. It can be found in the App
Market and works flawlessly.
Vitus Jensen
2010-12-02 14:39:32 UTC
Post by Bill
Some of you may be aware of this already, but for those who are not, there is a
free PGP application for Android users called APG. It can be found in the App
Market and works flawlessly.
I'm using the version from the market in combination with K9-mail and
while it decoded encrypted messages just fine it was very slow encrypting
one, android wanted it to kill several times. And K9-mail does not
handle OpenPG correctly.

I guess these are shortcoming of K9-mail or the interface to APG, not APG
itself. But mail is my main reason for PGP. Did someone test Profimail
and APG?

Vitus
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Earth, Universe (current)
Bill
2010-12-03 00:26:14 UTC
In article
<***@asterix.crazy-teaparty.dyndns.org>, Vitus
Jensen says...
Post by Vitus Jensen
Post by Bill
Some of you may be aware of this already, but for those who are not, there is a
free PGP application for Android users called APG. It can be found in the App
Market and works flawlessly.
I'm using the version from the market in combination with K9-mail and
while it decoded encrypted messages just fine it was very slow encrypting
one, android wanted it to kill several times. And K9-mail does not
handle OpenPG correctly.
I guess these are shortcoming of K9-mail or the interface to APG, not APG
itself. But mail is my main reason for PGP. Did someone test Profimail
and APG?
Vitus
Might be the particular Android phone you're using and the version of Froyo that
it uses. Using the Motorola Droid 2, I haven't experienced these issues.
Vitus Jensen
2010-12-06 05:46:00 UTC
Post by Bill
In article
Jensen says...
Post by Vitus Jensen
Post by Bill
Some of you may be aware of this already, but for those who are not, there is a
free PGP application for Android users called APG. It can be found in the App
Market and works flawlessly.
I'm using the version from the market in combination with K9-mail and
while it decoded encrypted messages just fine it was very slow encrypting
one, android wanted it to kill several times. And K9-mail does not
handle OpenPG correctly.
I guess these are shortcoming of K9-mail or the interface to APG, not APG
itself. But mail is my main reason for PGP. Did someone test Profimail
and APG?
Might be the particular Android phone you're using and the version of Froyo that
it uses. Using the Motorola Droid 2, I haven't experienced these issues.
Or the amount of public keys imported into APG? I copied all of them to
my new Motorola Defy, 2993 keys, 6165 uids. Running 2.1 btw. Froyo will
be faster I guess.

Vitus
--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Earth, Universe (current)