File extension for public keyring?
Justin
2016-03-30 23:04:59 UTC
Normally when I export a public key in ascii armored format I use asc,
but what about if I don't specify the armored option? Should it be
*.key, *.pgp, *.gpg?
invalid
2016-03-31 05:02:56 UTC
What difference does it make?
Justin
If I send it to a windows user, their software might get confused.
invalid
2016-04-05 05:44:43 UTC
Post by Justin
Post by invalid
Post by Justin
Normally when I export a public key in ascii armored format I use asc,
but what about if I don't specify the armored option? Should it be
*.key, *.pgp, *.gpg?
What difference does it make?
If I send it to a windows user, their software might get confused.
You should probably name it .asc and send it armored then.

The ASCII format protects against characters being translated as files are
emailed or ftp'd over the net.
w***@gmail.com
2016-04-06 07:24:25 UTC
1

David E. Ross
2016-04-05 02:26:17 UTC
Post by Justin
Normally when I export a public key in ascii armored format I use asc,
but what about if I don't specify the armored option? Should it be
*.key, *.pgp, *.gpg?
Did you want to send your entire keyring or only one public key?
--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
Antonin Scalia now fill the news media, his legacy was not
necessarily positive. See my "What Price Order, Mr. Justice Scalia?"
at <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_scalia_wrong.html>.