Will PGP 7.11 run in Win 7 Pro 64 bit?
Accomac
2012-10-15 21:38:07 UTC
Hello,

I have never tried to install it in 7, just wondering if it will run or won't it?

Thanks!

Accomac
Melissa
2012-10-19 23:25:46 UTC
Post by Accomac
I have never tried to install it in 7, just wondering if it will run or won't it?
That's a pretty old version of PGP, and though I'm certainly no
expert on 32 vs. 64 bit OS/program issues, no doubt v7.x was created
with a 32 bit OS in mind.

I've used every version of PGP up to/including v8, then I made the
permanent switch to GnuPG (used both for a while, but why bother?).

So then, why not just use GnuPG? There's even a new "GPG4Win" (GnuPG
v2.x). This package comes with more than one GUI "front end", and
GPGshell still works with it as well. Several email clients also
offer support for GnuPG (for instance, TheBat has native support, and
Mozilla Thunderbird has the Enigmail plug-in/extension).

http://www.gpg4win.org/

Finally, if you wish to use PGP v7 so that you can use PGPdisk, you
can just use TrueCrypt instead:

http://www.truecrypt.org/
--
Melissa

PGP Public Key: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2cmefzy
Otto Sykora
2012-11-15 17:47:02 UTC
I have never tried to install it in 7, just wondering if it will run or won't it?<
no, it wont

you can search web for 6.5.8 (ckt 9c also OK) and this will work well.
Will Sandheaver
2013-08-18 08:31:07 UTC
Post by Accomac
Hello,
I have never tried to install it in 7, just wondering if it will run or won't it?
Thanks!
Accomac
I know old post but yes and yes to windows 8 too

~~~
This PGP signature only certifies the sender and date of the message.
It implies no approval from the administrators of nym.mixmin.net.
Date: Sun Aug 18 08:31:06 2013 GMT
From: ***@nym.mixmin.net