key propagation from alt.security.keydist
[Anon] The Verizon Guy
2009-03-08 05:09:07 UTC
This is a Type III anonymous message sent you through the Mixminion
server 'Nefarion'. If you do not want to receive anonymous messages
through this server, please contact pbox-***@winstonsmith.info and
your email address will promptly be added to the list of disallowed
recipients. Please note that the Mixminion anonymity network is
designed in a way such that there is no viable means of tracking the
sender of a message, so blacklisting your address is really the best
_anyone_ can do. Do not reply to this email "as it is" since its
sender is fictitious and obviously not related to the person who
actually sent the message. To learn more about the experimental
Mixminion network and internet anonymity in general, please start at
http://mixminion.net

Do any public keyservers pick up public keys posted to
alt.security.keydist?

If not, can anyone suggest an anonymous method to get a public key
onto public keyservers?

Thanks
David E. Ross
2009-03-08 18:00:31 UTC
On 3/7/2009 9:09 PM, [Anon] The Verizon Guy wrote:
> Do any public keyservers pick up public keys posted to
> alt.security.keydist?
>
> If not, can anyone suggest an anonymous method to get a public key
> onto public keyservers?
>
> Thanks

Is the user ID in your key munged or faked? If not, what's the use of
anonymous uploading your key? Your ID will become public. In any case,
I seriously doubt any public keyserver records the source of uploaded
keys.

If the user ID in your key is indeed munged or faked, how is anyone to
use it? How can it be included in a Web of Trust? If no one is to use
it or it is not to be in a Web of Trust, why bother to upload it?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?" Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>
Frank Merlott
2009-03-08 19:30:19 UTC

> Do any public keyservers pick up public keys posted to
> alt.security.keydist?

I do not know about that

> If not, can anyone suggest an anonymous method to get a public key
> onto public keyservers?

I would use the tor proxy network to post the key

Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com
"[Anon] The Verizon Guy" >
2009-03-08 22:01:50 UTC
In <UdKdnVW0f-***@posted.docknet> "David E.
Ross" <***@nowhere.not> wrote:
>On 3/7/2009 9:09 PM, [Anon] The Verizon Guy wrote:
>> Do any public keyservers pick up public keys posted to
>> alt.security.keydist?
>>
>> If not, can anyone suggest an anonymous method to get a public
key
>> onto public keyservers?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Is the user ID in your key munged or faked? If not, what's the
use of
>anonymous uploading your key? Your ID will become public. In
any case,
>I seriously doubt any public keyserver records the source of
uploaded
>keys.
>
>If the user ID in your key is indeed munged or faked, how is anyone
>use it? How can it be included in a Web of Trust? If no one is
to use
>it or it is not to be in a Web of Trust, why bother to upload
it?

The id on the key is as real as it can be for a pseudonym. I
understand what you're saying about web of trust issues however
this key's purpose is to enable messages to be encrypted to a key
that only I control while maintaining my anonymity. There's trade
offs I'm sure but what else can one do when maintaining absolute
anonymity is essential?
"[Anon] The Verizon Guy" >
2009-03-08 22:32:01 UTC
In <***@news.alt.net> Frank Merlott <***@has.no.email>
wrote:

>> Do any public keyservers pick up public keys posted to
>> alt.security.keydist?
>
>I do not know about that
>

>> If not, can anyone suggest an anonymous method to get a public
key
>> onto public keyservers?
>
>I would use the tor proxy network to post the key

That sounds like the best option right now I guess. At least
Torbrowser behaves enough not to reveal much nad retain less.