Dutch PGP-encrypted comms network ‘abused busted
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2016-04-27 01:26:41 UTC
In article
"Dutch firm Ennetcom has pulled its systems offline following a bust by police
and accusations that its encryption technology was being abused as a
communications network by drug dealers. Police have seized servers in the
Netherlands, and Canada is dismantling what local reports describe as a PGP-
based comms network. The system, which relied on custom PGP installs on
smartphones, had 19,000 registered users, according to local reports.
Compatible smartphones cost €1,500. Technology provider Ennetcom, which
provides encrypted BlackBerry PGP S/MIME communication, has suspended
operations in the wake of the bust, as a notice on its website explains."
Read more here: <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/21/dutch_encrypted_comms_network_busted/?mt=1461526007546>
So now anything that can possibly be used by criminals or otherwise abused is to be taken down.
Use personal encryption. It can't be taken down unless you live in China, etc.
The feds started this fight with their illegal snooping. We the public are now finishing it.
No, we are only beginning it. The governments will never stop
their quest for control unless they are overthrown and those
employed by them are all killed. Every last one of them.
Jeremy Bentham