any free PGP/GnuPG plug-in for Eudora?
Bennett Haselton
2008-03-18 07:50:19 UTC
I use Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows XP SP2. I have a lot of scripts that
interact with the .mbx format of Eudora mailboxes, and a lot of
filters already configured in Eudora, so I don't want to switch to
another e-mail program. But I can't find a free PGP/GnuPG plugin for
Eudora. Gpg4win says that they have abandoned Eudora support:
http://www.gpg4win.org/change-history.html

and I tried "WinPT", which includes a Eudora plugin:
http://winpt.sourceforge.net/en/
but the site hasn't been updated in three years, and whenever I try to
run it, the dialog boxes freeze while Task Manager shows me that
gpg.exe is consuming an additional 1 M of memory every second until I
kill it.

I've been using PGP Freeware 6.5.3 for a few years, which has a Eudora
plug-in, and for friends who are sending me messages using GnuPG, it
works fine for simple messages, but is not compatible when we send
each other attachments, so I'm trying to find a solution that works
smoothly for that as well.

I know Eudora was end-of-lifed by Qualcomm but that was in only in
2006 so there are probably still a few people using it.

-Bennett
Mantas Mikulėnas
2008-03-18 09:37:08 UTC
Bennett Haselton wrote:
| I know Eudora was end-of-lifed by Qualcomm but that was in only in
| 2006 so there are probably still a few people using it.

Eudora is now Penelope <http://wiki.mozilla.org/Penelope>, and is based
on Thunderbird, and Thunderbird has Enigmail
<http://enigmail.mozdev.org/>, a quite nice GnuPG plugin.

- --
Mantas Mikulėnas <***@gmail.com>
PGP/GPG: 0x3AACE738335AF6E7 <http://rootshell.be/~grawity/>