[enigmail] Import key gives: Error - No valid armored OpenPGP data block found
Bas Janssen
2004-06-23 11:16:06 UTC
Hi there

Got a slight problem here...

Everytime i choose "import public key" from the main enigmail menu (when
viewing a signed message) i get a popup error message, saying

enigmail alert:

Error - No valid armored OpenPGP data block found

This happens to every mail signed...

I can import public keys with gpgshell i'm using (exelent program!) but
that's a time consuming work-around....

I'm using:

Thunderbird 0.7
Enigmail 0.84.1.0
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3-nr1
on windows 98

contents gpg.conf:

keyserver hkp://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve verbose no-include-revoked
include-subkeys
load-extension Lib\idea
# HTTP Keyserver
#keyserver pgp.mit.edu
# LDAP Keyserver

Signing/encrypting/decrypting mail works fine btw
Any suggestions how to solve this problem ?

Regards,

Bas Janssen

also posted trough news.mozdev.org .. If I get an answer there I'll post it
Maarten Hoogveld
2004-07-03 21:46:45 UTC
I would start by upgrading Thunderbird to 0.7.1 if you haven't already
It had some problems with the new extension manager which caused all
kinds of weird stuff.
Be sure to follow the installation instructions.
I think it's something like:
- disable enigmail plugin (context menu in the extension manager)
- uninstall enigmail (also in extension manager)
- uninstall Thunderbird (this won't delete your mail and settings)
- delete contents of chrome folder in your Thunderbird profile directory
- install Thunderbird
- install newest enigmime and enigmail

Hope this solves it.

Re,